Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Britain on a plate: Jamie Oliver's TV series Jamie's Ministry of Food

There was a moment in the first episode of the new Jamie Oliver TV series last night when the Essex-lad-made-millionaire had an outburst worthy of a revolutionary. Emerging from a mealtime visit to Natasha, a single mother on benefits in Rotherham, he raged in his own inimitable language of protest: "Fucking hell ... it's fucking Great Britain. It's 2008. I've been to Soweto and I've seen Aids orphans eating better than that."
The article is from The Guardian

Jamie Oliver: I'm massively excited about my new project, Ministry of Food and a new food movement, called Pass It On, that I'm hoping will be a huge part of it. My new book, Jamie's Ministry of Food and the TV show (also called Ministry of Food) will both be coming out in the next couple of weeks. They're both basically about inspiring people to get back into their kitchens and make simple, delicious food from scratch again.
More at Jamie Oliver's website
Special campaign website: Jamie's Ministry of Food